Re: Proud/opuntia

My pads are O. ficus indica--the Indian fig opuntia.

On Apr 20, 2005, at 4:57 AM, james singer wrote:

I have a couple of pads in pots that I'm going to try to get planted today, Cathy. Not sure what the species is; I'll have to look it up and see what I bought last year. Interesting that you should mention its distribution. There is one growing at the National Academy of Sciences building in Washington, DC, that is from the top of the Andes in Peru. It grows flat to the ground, like a ground cover, not upright as we usually see them.