Re: miniature railroad garden

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] miniature railroad garden
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:03:45 -0600

The Forestfarm book says $5 on the front, but I don't think I've ever paid
for it.  I only just got mine the other day because, as  far as their
database goes, I haven't ordered in years.  So I think they just send me one
if they have extras after the regular mailing.  I do order from them, but
not for my address.  I order for the CES.

Anyway, this particular gardener with the railroad listed 11 plants:
Acer palmatum 'Goshi Shidare'
Arbutus unedo 'Elfin King'
Cornus florida 'Pygmaea'
Clethra alternifolia 'Sixteen Candles'
Forsythia 'Gold Tide'
Ilex 'Rock Garden'
Morus alba 'Nuclear Blast'
Nandina 'Harbour Dwarf'
Pieris japonica yakusimana
Thuja occidentalis 'Teddy'
Ulmus parvifolia 'Hokkaido'

I'm sure they're not all hardy to Zone 5.
Also, on page 3, they have a request page.  You can ask Luba and Alex
(exchange landscapers from Bulgaria) for suggestions.  You just fill in the
form and they will send you a list.