Re: Fwd: Hofstra show

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: Hofstra show
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:35:29 -0600

Let us know what you decide, Auralie.
RE: > The person who wrote this said there wouldn't be much in the way of
> herbaceous perennials at this time of the year,
I don't compete in shows, but it seems to me that those who would, would
angle for a less populated category - better chance of winning.  They might
therefore concentrate on the many herbaceous plants that would be ready this
time of year.  Hellebores - perennial plant of the year.  Pulmonarias -
ablaze with bloom right now in Zone 5 (I thought you were in 5 or 6 )  How
about Mertensias - or are they considered a geophyte?  Epimediums.
Anemones.  And that's just my yard.  I know there are many other plants.

And as  far as competition goes, how can you compare daffodils to Lungworts?

Kitty