Re: Fwd: Hofstra show

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: Hofstra show
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:00:06 -0600

Auralie, forgive my complete lack of knowledge of competition -  but if
there are subdivisions "by genus, species, variety/cultivar, size, color,
manner of  growth, or whatever else you can think of.", well, it seems to me
you could have 349 first place winners in 349 entries.  Maybe I'm not
understanding it correctly.  An entry of Geranium 'Rozanne' would only
compete against another entry of Geranium 'Rozanne'?  An entry of Gernaium
cinereum 'Ballerina' would not compete against one of Geranium cinereum
'Carol'?  If this is the case how would you ever have "six or seven
specimens in any one class"?

Or...are classes developed after all entries are in, so you'd create the
classes so they'd work out to "a maximum of six or seven specimens in any
one class"? Seven entries of Geranium 'Rozanne' would be a class, but if
there were a complete total of six of any kind of Geranium,  then that would
be a class?   If that were the case, I could see where it might cause sore
feelings on where the lines are drawn.

I have no interest in competing in anything, maybe that's why I can't figure
it out.

Kitty