I miss you guys!!!!

OMG!!! Forgive the whiny tone to my voice but I am so behind! Sorry, but
after trying to go through over a thousand emails I just gave up and
deleted most everything from my inbox except yesterdays stuff and
anything having to do with church. I am sure I missed out on some good
stuff...ooh...I did save most of the jokes and pictures, I think, thanks
to people doing a good job with subject lines. So I can look at that
stuff later.

I have had several good days in the garden...place is just about cleaned
up for spring. Lots of things blooming and growing. A friend of DH's
called a couple of weeks ago and asked if we wanted all of the plants at
their newly bought house: daylilies, hostas, peonies, iris, and even a
lilac bush. If we didn't come and dig it all out he was going to
roto-till it all under. So of course we went and rescued all that
stuff...packed our van full and brought it home and over the next two
days replanted about 30 iris clumps, a couple dozen huge clumps of
daylilies, two large root balls of peonies, about a dozen root balls of
hostas, and a medium sized lilac. All are unknown varieties so it will
be great fun to see what we got...the people we got them from just are
not plant people at all so they didn't have a clue. What a ton of free
plants! Woohoo! As far as I can tell I didn't lose a thing over the
winter...it was really pretty mild here this year. We've had a good
amount of rainfall so far this spring, expecting more this week, so
everything is lush and growing beautifully. Yep...even the weeds. LOL!

Work is killing me right now at the church...but I can really say I'm
enjoying it. Looking forward to getting our new faith formation program
off to a good start in the fall but it is taking many, many hours of my
time. I still have First Communion, May Crowning, and the end of the
year religion education party to get through in the next two
weeks...busy, busy. Plus keeping up with my course work in the Ministry
Formation program is daunting at times. Whew!

Softball and baseball are next on the agenda...guess my team is going to
be about 14 girls this year...practices need to get started as soon as
the coach (that's me!) can get her act together. :-)

Have to wind things up for my Brownie troop, too. We've got a couple of
big events planned for the end of the year and this is the year our
Brownies get to "fly up" to Junior Girl Scouts so that is a really big
deal which deserves something special. Just don't know yet what that is
going to be.

Also trying to keep up with the end of the year happenings at school for
the three kids. Meg has been struggling with all the changes in her life
since starting Junior High...it's been a rough year for her. We're in
the process of getting her transferred to our Catholic school for next
year, which is something we've been contemplating for a while now
anyway, so this seems like a providential moment in time to get off the
stick and make the decision to do it.

Okay, so you're all probably bored by now with the life and times
here...it's just been a long while since I had time to just sit and
write. And I really have missed my daily contact with all of you...now
that I'm caught up again, maybe I can make a better effort to stay that
way! Well...I'll try anyway!

Melody
Hills, IA

--Albert Einstein