Re: hum....now weather...

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] hum....now weather...
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:19:43 -0600

I doubt you'll lose anything Donna, assuming these are perennials in the
ground.  They can take it.  Even any daffodils still left blooming after
those 80s can take it down to the low 20s.  The only things I'd worry about
would be tenders and any newly acquired plants that hadn't been hardened.

I mentioned we potted about 700 plants from wholesalers last weekend.  Their
suggestion is to keep the plants in cold frames, greenhouses, and such that
a real nursery would have available.  Since we don't have that, we take
delivery of our plants later than a regular nursery would.  All these pots
are in one MG's yard for now so that we can cover them with sheets on nights
like this.  That's always been sufficient.

Kitty