RE: Hmmm...Weather...Plant Swap...I won?

I'm not quite far enough South.  We could get up to two inches of snow on
grassy surfaces (and garden areas) by morning.  Low should be around 29 F.
tonight.  I'm glad Bill helped me get the tree rose, magnolia tree and other
not yet acclimated pots into the garage.

As for the plant swap, well, I got plants for daughter Rayna mostly.  She
still needs some black-eyed Susan's and she got some sun-drops, some day
lilies, some monarda, false dead nettle and a periwinkle.  As for me, as
usual, more people took plants than brought them.  I still ended up with a
nice pot that looks like some variety of geranium--no tag and a canna to put
into a pot for the front of the driveway.  There were folks that came in
over halfway through the talks who stood in the back of the room next to
where the plants were put that as soon as the talk was over, just turned
around and scooped the really nice plants up.  I do wish they would organize
it differently!  Of such is life.

Mary Higgins (well known in the area for her flowering pots) was there to
demonstrate how she arranges plants in pots with the usual do's & don'ts.
In any case, at the end of the presentation, there were 4 large pots filled
with wonderful annuals.  I won one of them as a door prize.  It has black &
blue salvia, bacopa, a variegated ageratum & purple alyssum, as well as a
new variety of annual daisy (no name that I could find) with a blue center.
It is very pretty and I was glad someone brought a trash bag or two so I
could cover it long enough to get it home.  I'm not the type to win things,
so I'm wondering if I should go buy a lottery ticket now?  Hmmm.  I've
probably used up all this year's luck anyway.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....