RE: now-- plant shopping today- was speaking of brugmansia

Thanks Jim... sounds like a smaller version would have worked!

Since it is cold here, decided to drive out to the large greenhouse a few
miles south of here. It is the largest one in my area for unusual annuals
and some common perennials. (also the cheapest).

Found a variegated leaf brugmansia there which is about 3 ft (including pot)
high for only a couple dollars more than that little one was. It is still in
my car in the attached garage for tonight!

I am not sure just what is going on this year with plants, but I started
collecting small annuals to make up hanging/standing pots. I suddenly seen
all these pre-made assortments there. Many had the same plants that were on
my cart. Checked the price and decided it to buy them instead. Basically, it
cost me the same for the arrangements (which the flowers are already
established and larger)as it would have for the individual plants.... and
the containers are a freebie. I can't see how this is profitable for him,
with the labor, dirt and container included. BTW, the ones I bought are not
in those plastic things... they are either in white wrought iron, wood,
baskets, and other cutesy stuff. Amazing.... anyways, the car is full and I
am feeling good about the purchase. I am sure that these will not last long
there so took what I could use and only bought some of the other plants for
my specialty pots around here.

Donna