RE: Hmmm...Weather...Plant Swap...I won?

I did mention it to the committee last year, but I live in Washington
Township and not in Centerville proper.  Since it is put on by "Centerville
City Beautiful," I don't think my comments count for much, though I can
throw a rock and hit the Centerville city limit sign from my property.
There are only about 4 people who put the show on, too, so maybe they don't
have the staff to fend folks off and make them turn in the tickets.  (Yes,
they did give out tickets like last year.)  I took 32 plants and brought
back (and gave most to Rayna) 20 plants and there were only 5 plants (mostly
lambs ear, which I have scads of.)  At least the "leftovers" will go into a
community garden somewhere.  I would have gone only for the talk this year
if daughter Rayna wasn't in need of some very common plants on a tight
budget.  It irritates me that folks act like that, but I figure in the long
run, some time, some where, they will have that same treatment returned to
them and I don't have to do anything or even know it happened.

The talk was good and I did enjoy being with "plant people" for a couple of
hours.  YEAH!!!  I didn't have to worry that folks would think I talked
gibberish if I said a botanical name instead of a local common name.

I did miss seeing Wendy Swope at the swap.  I haven't heard from her since
her mother-in-law died and my e-mails did not go through to her old address.

And what I received must be the African daisy you described.  It really is
quite a lovely thing, isn't it?  It must be considered an annual here too.
How do I start more of these beautiful daisies?  Thanks for the I.D.!  I've
got the pot in the shower, soaking it right now.  Mary didn't water them so
the pots wouldn't be so heavy they couldn't be carried.  It will probably be
a week or more before I can set that gem outdoors!  It really is quite
lovely and already has it's fertilizer and great potting soil and I didn't
even have to get my hands dirty!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)