Re: news flash... early edition.

In a message dated 4/24/05 7:42:19 AM, gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< How long have did it take you to develop your garden into that? And how in
the world did your friend take that panoramic picture? Was it many pictures
that were put together? Or where they standing on the roof? >>

Donna, we cptd our home in the fall of 89' so 90' was our first gardening
season.  I retired in Jun 92' but worked for Deere as a consultant for almost a
full year after retiring so 93' was really the beginning.  I rcd a Rita Tarr
Landscape Design Award in 96' and I am thinking of reapplying next year which
will be a 10 yr anniversary just as a comparison.  To apply you must create a
booklet of full details on your garden & then it is visited & judged by 3
Landscape Design Consultants.  I am a plant collector as I think most of you are. I
know the design elements but due to space & my addiction plants are not in
drifts however I do have areas where I have used plants in repetition.
    Photography is not a skill or interest of mine so I have no idea how she
did the panoramic photo but I do know she was not off the ground.
    I wish the photos had been taken after the limestone walkway was added in
the front.  I really like it.  I decided to add that after hearing Gordon
Hayward speak on entrance gardens and reading his book.
    Ceres