Re: fountain question

In a message dated 4/23/05 10:26:48 AM, tchessie@comcast.net writes:

<< My question is how do you keep the pump from getting clogged

up with gunk (dust, stuff from the trees etc) that falls into the

fountain base? >>

Theresa, all our pumps have filters.  Our first fountain is a sunken tub with
a grate on top covered with rocks & the water shoots up out of the ground.
This one does not need cleaning thru the season due to the rocks on top.  BTW
this is a safe water feature if you have children in the area and it certainly
attracts kids.  This is located in the front and kids stop all the time to
watch & stick their hands or legs in.
    Fountain in the pond has a lg filter which does need cleaning regularly.
Pump on the birdbath fountain does not cleaning.
    Ceres