From: Donna [mailto: gossiper@sbcglobal.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:53:53 -0500
Subject: RE: [CHAT] ok- this is just unbelievable

Yes, it is a robin.... and I am concerned that she is going to knock
it<br>off/hanger going to give way when the babies hatch. But I also
know I can't<br>touch it or move it... so nature is going to have to
handle it. (I am also<br>concerned on how well it was made- boy scout
fund raiser.)<br><br>Bonnie- this nest was made by the bird... it was a
plain wreath with a bow.<br>It always amazes me how they do that. Still
haven't found the morning doves<br>nest... got to be somewhere
:)<br><br>Ceres, yes there are also more bird nests in the area between
my downspout<br>and gutter (at least they know not to get in the way of
the water path), as<br>well as my back light fixture. Seems they are
nests out of wherever after the babies have flown<br>away and give them
to the nature center. They use them for examples for the<br>youth groups
gave my neighbor a wreath a couple years ago with a<br>> "fake" bird's
nest in it for spring when they first moved in. Next thing<br>> you
know, I got a call that they couldn't use their front door for a<br>>
couple<br>> of months because a mother bird had nested in it. We never
did find out<br>> what happened to the fake eggs that had been in it.

text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT<br><br>