Re: ok- this is just unbelievable

I come from a tradition where the tree goes up the day before Christmas (if there are kids in the house, after they go to bed that night) and then stays up until January 6 - the Feast of the Epiphany - the original "12 days of Christmas".
Sometimes I fudge a little on the "up" time, but not on the down!
Cathy
On Monday, April 25, 2005, at 11:04 AM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

I'm a bit the opposite Andrea,
To me, the meat of the Christmas season is the week before and the week
after. I hate seeing stuff up in November, but I also dislike the rush to
tear it down on St. Stephen's Day. In recent years though, I found it was
just too much to spend all that time putting up and taking down (especially
since there is just me to enjoy it), so I just pared back. No tree; gave it
to my niece. A few lights, bows, garland across the front
porch...er...veranda, instead of strung from the roof. I hang a few wreaths
in the house, put out some Dean Griff snow animals on the sofa table and a
few other favorite figurines scatterd about and I'm done. It looks
Christmasy enough, but takes little time.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "A A HODGES" <hodgesaa@earthlink.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 3:17 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ok- this is just unbelievable

OY, I cannot stand that here. Tree comes down day after Christmas and it
all gets put away. That is one thing I'm pretty anal about. I get tired of
tripping over, dusting around, or seeing dog chewed Christmas decorations
about a week after I put them up. This Christmas I didn't even bother. My
one concession to decorating was taking the three foot already decorated
tree out of the closet and plopping it on a table. Not in the Christmas
Spirit this past one......

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC