From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 9:35 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Garden Product samples

Chris,
I guess my niece didn't have much more to say than those on the list did.
Basically, the biggest part of this is pounding the pavement and pounding
the keyboard.  But I've generally found that most companies I have
approached will try to come up with something for you if you ask nicely and
explain it well.  Especially important is to tell them what is in it for
them -whether it's a tax write-off, a chance for increased traffic, an
opportunity for their name to be seen as a community helper, etc.  They may
end up giving you something they simply want to unload, but even that can be
a positive.

Good luck.

Kitty
neIN, Z5