Re: blue heron fiasco

Well, doesn't that make it even more ridiculous! You know, I am often glad that I'm inclined to act without thinking when it comes to wildlife. Don't know if I could have done anything in the case of the heron, but I would have most assuredly tried. I'm constantlly getting involved with 'stuff' in case you couldn't guess.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] blue heron fiasco

it is a federal offense to touch that bird....

Donna

--- Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
<4042N15@nationalhearing.com> wrote:
I'm not sure what is wrong with the folks around
here.  Everything is always
someone else's problem.
A locla column today wrote about a lttle boy who saw
a great blue heron
hanging upside down in a cottonwood tree, trying to
get untangled.  They
called animal control, the fire department, the DNR,
all of which said they
couldn't do anything.  After 6 hrs the bird was
bloody from the high winds
and its efforts to get loose so DNR authorized
shooting it - if anyone
happened to have a gun, which finally someone found.
 Unfortunately, the
carcass is still hanging there.  They said someone
finally called a tree
service the next day, hoping they can get it down.

I'm not sure what should be done, but don't you
think the second largest
county in Indiana should have some plan in place for
such problems?
Kitty