Re: Orchid help please

Hollikft@aol.com wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am doing a tropical theme in my yard this year. This actually started as a joke because DH and I havent been on a vacation in 25 years, but I kindda got carried away. I need some help with an orchid. I purchased a L. Purpurata Werkhauser mounted on a piece of bark. The bark is about 6inches.. the roots are well mounted in the bark. My question is now what do I do... Do I
   The 'proper' name for your plant is Laelia purpurata var. werkhauserii .
It will definitely have to come inside in the fall; for care before then,
I'd advise contacting the L.I. Orchid Society in Oyster Bay. You can find
their address/phone number at:
http://www.aos.org   and look for Affiliated Societies, or via:
http://tinyurl.com/d4rgk  , choose New York for a state and browse down.
Jim Fisher