Re: How to

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] How to
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:20:14 -0600

Where did you compose it?  Did you compose it in your email message or did
you copy from a word processing document and paste it in?  I've noticed that
Word documents sometimes insert Line Breaks instead of Hard Returns (which I
get in WordPerfect)  LineBreaks can act differently in email than hard
returns.

If composed in the message rather than pasted, it probably used line breaks.
Try typing it, or pasting it into word processing - or better yet, if it is
already in word proc, paste it rather than typing it.  Just guessing here.
Also, the way you sent it to yourself  might be fine for Chat.  I tmight
just be an issue with the way your email program receives it.  If you want,
you could try sending it to me and i can let you know what I get.

Below are 2 examples.  The first is a list I am typing here now, just
hitting enter.  The second is a copy/paste from Word Perfect.  Both use
'enter'.  The WordPerfect list, though originally single spaced, came out
double-spaced when I pasted it.

Lavandula 'Hidcote Superior'
Delphinium tricorne
Penstemon grandiflorus