Beautiful day

here. High about 80, but 70s most of the day. Sprayed a tankful of RoundUp on some of my weed patch while it was still coolish. Then planted a Washingtonia palm in a place where it can get as tall as it wants. And finally, added four Madagascar palms to three in a front bed--re-creating The Pleiades right here in River City.

I find Madagascar palms to be really interesting plants. The three that were in the ground at daybreak were planted, maybe, two years ago. They look so much healthier--more robust--than the ones I planted today, which have been in pots for at least two years. We've still got four or five of them, anywhere from 6 inches to 2 feet tall, in pots. Probably ought to plant them in the ground or sell them.

Also started a major project--add a spigot with untreated water to back corner of the back yard.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10