Re: Ivory-Billed Woodpecker Found!

I'd be wondering what is in his walls that the flickers are after!! Some sort of bug I suspect.
Theresa

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 04/28/2005 9:28:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, zsanders@midsouth.rr.com writes:
Have you all had a lot of woodpeckers of all sorts this year? We have more than I've ever before seen.

We always have lots of woodpeckers - downies, hairys, and red-
bellies, and an occasional pileated in the woods. The downies
are the most numerous and friendly - they come and chatter at us
as we are changing the suet cakes.
My son in Colorado is having a real problem with woodpeckers -
he thinks probably flickers - pecking holes in his house. He has an adobe-style house, but made of fiberglass, and they have made
several six-inch holes right through the walls. He has always been
a bird-lover, but is fast losing his tolerance for woodpeckers.
Auralie