Re: March Mart Sale

Got several 4 inch native perennials.  But my best find was a Ylang  Ylang
tree.  I'd read about that tree many many years ago and always wanted  one.
When I did see them for sale, they were tiny and expensive.   This one is in a 3
gallon pot and about 6 foot tall, $35.  So I had to get  it. Here is a website
with info:  _http://home.arcor.de/be/bethge/ylangeng.htm_
I also got another tree....don't ask me where I am to put it, and if it  will
grow, but......it's a River Birch.  I grew up with Birch trees all  around,
love the papery white peeling bark.  Unfortunately none will grow  here except
this one.  Been putting off getting one, since we are a pretty  much on the
western region of where they grow naturally, and a bit more alkaline  and dry
than they like, however, I've seen several doing great in landscapes in  town,
so I figured I'd finally try it.  The River Birch has great peeling  bark too,
not quite the white papery, but close enough.....should look great at  pond's
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
P.S.  Sorry just getting this sent now.  Was going to include the  tomatos
that DH picked up.  But can't find the list that tells about  each.  Some are
really interesting....but maybe I'll still find it  eventually and write in.
Gonna get this sent off though..
In a message dated 3/13/2006 7:01:50 PM Central Standard Time,