Re: does this page make sense?

People sometimes forget the second part of "Drought Tolerant AFTER established."

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] does this page make sense?

I have it growing under a sycamore tree, in fairly poor soil, so it
is a little better behaved....
Returned from 6 days in Wichita Falls, TX. Had great fun with the
granddaughters and managed to get my daughter's flower beds weeded.
Unfortunately, many of her perennials, which I planted last year, did
not make it. They were drought tolerant species, but had not had time
to establish themselves before the drought, and she was too busy with
the children to water them enough. She is moving to Colorado Springs
this summer, so I guess she won't replace the losses. Spent most of
the afternoon redoing my dry creek in the shade garden, but am a few
geodes short. Supposed to rain some tomorrow, so gardening activity
may be limited. At least half of the plants have broken dormancy.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b