Re: tooting my own horn

Yeah, me too. I tried it with some tropical seeds [Barbados cherry] and it didn't improve their lousy germination record--but, then, Barbados cherries aren't native to a place noted for wild fires--leading me to think it may be a temperate zone phenomenon. And since I just planted pepper and gourd seeds from Turkey, I think I'll go give them the liquid smoke treatment.

On Apr 5, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Pam Evans wrote:

Barb, you're a genius!  I would love to read it too dear!

On 4/5/06, Barbara Tandy <sundrops@earthlink.net> wrote:

Extremely cool, Andrea! There is something special about getting
recognition in an academic setting. Is there any way you can post your
paper so we can read it?
--Barb, Grass Valley CA where it is still 15 degrees below normal and
raining almost every day (no floods in my area tho)
----- Original Message -----
From: <raider843@earthlink.net>
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:28 PM
Subject: [CHAT] tooting my own horn

OK all, remember last year when Island Jim brought up the subject of
certain seed species benefiting from smoke infusion? It increases
germination rates and we looked at a couple of internet articles on the
subject?

ANYWAY, I'm taking Advanced Seed Science this semester and I decided to
do my term paper on it. I made a 99, and my professor has made it lesson
10 of our class. And wants another instructor to read it. How cool is
that?

Andrea
Beaufort, SC Zone 8b
raider843@earthlink.net