Re: Tony Avent in NYTimes

We ordered Kniphofia 'Cool Nip' last year. Hardy in Z5 and 6 ft tall. $30ea.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Tony Avent in NYTimes

Zem and all,

The newer cultivars of Kniphofia that are coming out of England are spectacular. There are what seem like dozens, in all kinds of colors ranging from the traditional red to Creamsicle colors to shades of light yellow and ivory, to golden. I fell in love with 'Shining Sceptre' when I was at Wisley, but it was just one of many.

And yes, Colocasias are popular here in the south, but there's been an explosion in the Colocasias and Alocasias available. It used to be that you could find the plain green in either "pointy-uppy" or "hangy-downy", now I've got a half a dozen others in different colors and patterns, and that isn't even a drop in the bucket to what's out there.

d (plant nerd)