RE: Tony Avent in NYTimes

Hi, I placed a large order this year too. I ordered:

Impatiens sp. Sichuan Gold
Rhapidophyllum hystrix
Sabal minor McCurtain
Saccharum arundinaceum

I am hoping these will be larger plants when they get here or at least
fairly fast growers. I am sure they will all be hardy here and I am really
anxious to see the perennial Impatiens!

I am thinking of adding to my order but have not made my mind up yet.
I did have a Livingstonia chinensis that over wintered outside here last
year as well as a Camellia I ordered from Wayside.

Fact is most of the items I have ordered this year have been cold hardy
tropical plants that will over winter outside here. They seem to be more
mainstream in the catalogs now and I am glad to see that.