Re: Twirlies

Correction. A tornado touched down near my Dad - about 3/4ths of a mile away as the crow flies. It then touched down east of me about 3 miles. Apparently it was the same one that nailed my s-i-l's neighborhood. The news helicopters have been following the line of the storm and showing pictures. Weird how they hop around.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:09 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Twirlies

Zem,

Are you ok? Saw that your state got slammed again.
We had a huge line go through here earlier, but I don't think that any tornadoes touched down. Lots of trees and powerlines down near here.
It was a lot like being inside a lightbulb with someone flicking the light on and off rapidly.
The wind was amazing, too. I've got a huge pine limb down on some of my Hostas and a Hydrangea. The old, long-dead curly willow is laying across another garden, having punched a hole in the screen on the porch on its way down.

My sister-in-law just called from a nearby Chik-fil-a. Earlier this morning, the traffic guy was making comments about their cow flying around. It's in the road. She's got no power because a neighbor's huge tree is down on the lines. The Weather Channel were just showing them up-righting a blown over tractor trailer that's just a few blocks from her.