Re: Twirlies

Thanks for asking, daryl. We are just fine. Again the major storms were just east of us. We didn't get any rain until late in the day when a thunderstorm with tiny hail came through. We did, however, continue to have thunderstorms throughout the night. Thankfully, none did any damage in our area. Bonnie, how did East TN fare?
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:09 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Twirlies

Are you ok? Saw that your state got slammed again.
We had a huge line go through here earlier, but I don't think that any tornadoes touched down. Lots of trees and powerlines down near here.
It was a lot like being inside a lightbulb with someone flicking the light on and off rapidly.
The wind was amazing, too. I've got a huge pine limb down on some of my Hostas and a Hydrangea. The old, long-dead curly willow is laying across another garden, having punched a hole in the screen on the porch on its way down.

My sister-in-law just called from a nearby Chik-fil-a. Earlier this morning, the traffic guy was making comments about their cow flying around. It's in the road. She's got no power because a neighbor's huge tree is down on the lines. The Weather Channel were just showing them up-righting a blown over tractor trailer that's just a few blocks from her.