To: "GardenChat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 7:49 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Palms

This one is for Jim- but any ideas are welcome...

I have a friend (truly- it's not me!) who has a couple of palms in their front yard that seem to have stunted growth. They get new fronds, but the things just don't get any taller (it's been 3 years). They live in downtown Sacramento, have wonderful soil. Is there sometype of micronutrients that Palms need? Any ideas? I have to look up the name of the palms for you, but it is one of the common types that are typically fast growing.

So, next question- do you happen to know any companies in Northern California that sell LARGE (full sized trees) Palms? My friends are just finished a redo on their back yard and want to buy a half dozen to put it (they are making their own personal oasis).

Theresa