blue jay bathing lesson

Saw something pretty cool while out watering.   A mama blue jay hopped in
her favorite birdbath and one of her fledglings hopped in next to
her (monkey see, monkey do).  Well the little one just stood there, and the
mama splashed water on him.  He kinda shook it off and stood there.  She
splashed him again and I swear it was like you could see the little light
bulb above his head go on!  Ohhhh, a bath, cool!   So then both of them took
their baths and flew up to a low limb to shake and preen.
Anyway, it was pretty neat and I knew the bird lovers would like to hear
about it.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A