Re: musa acuminata ??

Recuperation after arthroscopy to remove a torn cartilage is very short, a couple of days on crutches, a couple of weeks of being gentle. I'll add my comments to the others to do it now instead of waiting until after the tour. Not only will you move better, but by walking around on little bits inside your knee, you can make things worse. And there's no point in getting so weak from lack of exercising your quads and such that you twist and tear a ligament, too.

d (been there, done that)

Unfortunately, I have a knee injury (torn lateral
Meniscus) which the ortho surgeon says they do not repair at my age. I have had
to give up walking 2-3 miles per day and my weight lifting class. It is
constant pain but worse my knee is not stable. I have fallen and am fearful of
breaking bones or hip. I have a hi tolerance of pain and can handle that when
on my feet however I can't sleep. I am a side sleeper and the least painful
sleep position is flat on my back with a pillow under my knee. He will do
surgery to clean up the tear but will give me no guarantee of anything else. I
will get a 2nd opinion when I have time. I couldn't have surgery till after
the June tour.