Re: Re: Help with H. americana!

Another oldie.....

Nah....hederafiolia is a fall bloomer - can start mid-late summer if
it gets enough water to wake it up.

Your MGs make me wonder if they're actually "Master" gardeners.
Leaves are fine, but they have to start coming off early March or, as
you rightly point out, they smother the early plants and it's much
better to chop them than leave them whole if time permits...and not
put them down a foot thick unless you intend to start a new bed.  I
have nothing against Impatiens - more appropriate for a woodland
garden than coleus IMO, but it appears your group is just using
whatever to extreme and neglecting all the lovely things they could
be growing if they had sense enough.  Pity.

Think, considering, you're right to just get them what they ask for
and forget it; does not sound like that group are really interested
in gardening as I understand the term.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Shadyside Garden Designs

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Mine were Cyclamen coum, purchased in 2003.  I guess I thought C.
> hederafolia would also bloom in February.
> As to these MGs...they tend a garden called the Woodland Fen.  They
have the
> standard fare of Hostas, ferns, Hellebores, some Astilbes,
Heucheras, a