Re: Fwd: Military Tribute...

Yeah, the oldest daughter's kids are like that. Makes me sad.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: Military Tribute...

Yes, the discipline is good. My first grandchild has NO structure at
home. She comes to visit Nana...and it takes about 2 days of saying 'no'
and MEANING no, and she is good as gold after that. Very well behaved.
And as soon as mom comes to get her...she goes right back to the way she
was. Makes me sad.

Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com> wrote: The muscles are something, huh. When our middle daughter (youngest
stepdaughter) came home from the Army the first time, I was astounded. She
was this petite slender little thing. Came home with a definite hourglass
figure and muscle definition and strong! Still very feminine, but much more
confident & no nonsense. She met her husband there & that discipline is
showing in the way they're raising their kids. Lots of love but no tolerance
for disobedience and nonsense. Lots of specific guidance, but expected to
make good decisions. These kids are a joy to be around. Despite some
injuries, the military was good for both of them.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Bell"
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:35 AM

Yeh, I'm pretty darn proud of my son. He has learned so much the last
year. I never wanted a military life for him, but I will say he has
matured so MUCH because of it. And he was always this tall, SKINNY,
kid...and now he is tall with MUSCLES all over the darn place. When I
hug him, he picks me up off the ground like it's no big thang.

I think he had something to prove to himself when he joined. People told
him he wouldn't make it through boot camp (including his stepbrother),
so he set out to prove them wrong.

Cathy Carpenter wrote:
Your son saved a life. How many of us can honestly say that? He is
one of the many heros, there and here, who do what they can daily to
help others. When I was in the army, I took one of our Combat
Casualty Care Courses. The school motto was "War has no winners. Only
survivors." Your son added one to their ranks.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b