Re: more tornadoes!

> I, too, finally got a chance to do something of my own in my garden.  All I
> managed was to trim all the grass around the rock edgings.  The nice thing
> about this job is that it gets me up close and personal with the plants. I
> was startled to see my lovely little species Rhododendron in full bloom.  I
> wish I had the name.  I thought it was R. impeditum or R prinophyllum, but
> the pics and descriptions I see are no match for this.  I bought it from a
> Pennsylvania mailorder nursery that dealt mostly in Appalacian plants as I
> recall; they went out of business a year later.  I bought it because they
> said it would stay small and that it actually likes alkaline soil.  I gotta
> get a picture of it, just lovely!

That sounds so neat!

I'd like to get more into Rhododendron species since they seem to do well
in my yard.  I just bought two of the Rhododendron books from Hamilton
Books as well.  :)

> And I might've missed it because I've been so busy.

I had the same thing happen today.  I went out to catch photos of everything
and found that half of the Epimediums I wanted were done.  Second year in
a row.  Dang!