RE: YO Rich!

It is necessary to mandate that people without the sense to get in out of
the rain must wear their helmets to protect their brain buckets only because
without such a law, they would not.  On the other hand, without the law,
there may be an improvement in the gene pool.  (Did I really say that?)
Perhaps that is why Ohio repealed their motorcycle helmet law but kept the
law that says a motorcycle must drive with the headlight on.

I loved riding with Bill on his bike, but he is a stickler when it comes to
safety.  All kidding aside, around here, it is mandatory for people to wear
bicycle helmets, use seat belts and such, but not to wear a motorcycle
helmet.  (Tell me how this infringes on their rights?)  One can live without
an arm or leg, with scars and various other injuries, but in an accident, I
vote for protecting the head.  I don't want to be a vegetable somewhere and
I don't think most folks would.  However, I see so many people (not just
teens) riding without appropriate protective gear.  It really gets my blood
to boiling when I see kids on the back of a parent's bike and neither are
wearing a helmet, in shorts and short sleeves and "flip-flops.  And then
they ride in a car's blind spot without any thought or they tail gate, zip
between two cars in a double lane and other such nonsense.

O.K., I'm off my soapbox now.  I'm going to go meditate in the garden, pull
weeds and see if I can get my blood pressure down.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)