Re: garden question

When I first saw this, I wondered if she had considered heaths & heathers. They come in 2 inches to several feet tall, and enjoy an occasional trim if needed.
www.heathsandheathers.com
Judy B I have that first vinca on Chris's list. It grew slowly when I had it in a lot of high shade. Last year it crept out into the sun and is quickly moving beyond where I want it. Let me know if I can send her some starts. Like a bushel or two ,>
From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:20 AM
Thanks so much, Chris. I have forwarded this to her. It should be very useful

04/20/2006 2:04:02 PM EDT
lindsey@mallorn.com writes:
Hi Auralie,
I'm catching up on old messages and saw this.
What constitutes a groundcover to her? If 2' is OK, Comptonia peregrina
is a great plant and fixes nitrogen to boot. Other options include the ubiquitous Vinca.
There are a LOT of choices:
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0001
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0002
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0004
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0005
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0006
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0007
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0008
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0009
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0010
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=01D-0011
Also, what about Cotoneaster, like 'Mooncreeper'?
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=025-0006
A perennial possibility for shade is Woolly yarrow
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=05E-0001
or 'Angelina' sedum:
http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/display.cgi?code=019-0003
I'm linking to the nursery pages because they have photos and
descriptions that might help, not to tell you to order from me. > :)
Chris