Re: Trilliums ?

Unfortunately, when these were planted I didn't keep the names. Some red, some white, some with smooth green leaves, others with mottled leaves. Looking at pics online, I would guess I have T. sessile, T giganteum, T erectum, and T grandiflorum.3 or 4 varieties I bought at the NW Flower & Garden show the first year I attended. Whatever the name they are a joy. The happiest ones are the giganteum. They are in loose fluffy soil. The others stuggle along in the bed under my front window. Not horrible, but not fluffy. They come up before the hostas or I'd never see them.
Judy B
----- Original Message ----- From: "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:34 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Trilliums ?

Judy Browning wrote:

Trilliums are up, tulips blooming weeping cherry leaves just starting to dull the pink. That tree has been glorious for at least 2 weeks.
   What species of Trillium do you have ? This is a genus rarely if
ever mentioned on [CHAT]. I know Gene grows them; does anybody else ?
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7