From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:03 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Trilliums ?

> I've tried and failed.  I plant, but nothing comes up.  However, I
> bought two woodland poppies and both bloomed beautifully for me this
> spring!  What a great surprise!

Bonnie,

   I've found that heavy soil kills them -- if you can put light,
   fluffy organic soil around them they'll fare better.

   I've also had problems with certain species because of the acidity.

   The most forgiving species for me here in East Central Illinois have
   been T. luteum, T. grandiflorum, and T. erectum (in that order).

Chris