Re: YO Rich!

Well, we know that insurance companies have unlimited monies to dole out these
days, eh?  <evil GGs>

True Life Testimony:

May 1981.  I was 28 years old, single.  I was fascinated with bikes.  I went
on a date with a guy I didn't really like-- one of those typical Mama tapes
playing in my head-- "You never know.  You might really like him once you get
to know him."  We were going out to a bar in a then-rural area.  He gave me a
choice whether or not to wear a helmet as there was no law in that state at
that time.  I thought about not wearing one but opted to wear one--
THANKFULLY!  I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Keep in mind, just a couple of minutes before we left he stated to me, "I
suppose I should tell you-- I'm married."  TOTAL deflation!  Nausea.  <UGH!>
His wife was pregnant, so you can tell what the heck he wanted!!  He actually
had the AUDACITY to visit me 5 or so years later when she was pregnant a
second time!!!!  No, I never touched the creature-- <skin crawling>.

In front of the bar we were rear-ended by a drunk in a very large, old car.  I
remember nothing.  Severe concussion.  Fractured R tibia/fibula.  Pelvis
fractured on L, which turned inward and sliced up my intestines, colon, etc.
and landed me in emergency surgery.  I am very lucky to be here.  I consider
my children miracles, my own conceived and born naturally.  If I hadn't worn a
helmet I probably would have had significant brain damage.  (An aside:  I was
told the R leg was shortened =" due to the fracture.  X-ray measurements 17
years after-the-fact show the leg shortened 1<", for which I now wear an
external build-up on my shoes.)

Wear the helmets!!  <sheesh!>  I consider those who refuse to be dangerous to
themselves and others.  Can't insurance companies mandate their insured
motorcyclists wear helmets and not pay if they are not wearing a helmet,
whether there is a helmet law or not?  Insurance companies have the right to
make their own rules, just as lower rates for those who are non-smokers.

Zone 6