Re: Trilliums ?

Hello Jim,
Trilliums seem to be finally coming into their own in popularity here lately. I have seen I believe it is 3 feature articles in major gardening magazines this year. To grow trillium well in the garden is not all that difficult.. they come from many varied habitats in nature. Ph is one factor that has some influence on whether you get it to be successful in your garden or not. Begin with the species that grow naturally close to you. then branch out from there. With the exception of a very few species they are easy to grow in the garden.
Between special acidic raised beds and normal local improved garden soil, I grow most of the 40 species and some cultivars here.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com>

Judy:
   What species of Trillium do you have ? This is a genus rarely if
ever mentioned on [CHAT]. I know Gene grows them; does anybody else ?
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA