Plant Swap...

Daughter Tzeitel went to the annual Centerville Plant Swap today.  In the
past, they teamed this with a garden seminar.  They didn't do that this year
because they didn't want people to leave the seminar early and raid the
plants available to swap before the rest of the group came out to
participate.  I took 67 plants.  I didn't bring back 67 plants, but that is
O.K.  At least everything got a good home.  Tzeitel was able to get several
Shasta Daisies and other plants for her yard and I actually found shade
plants this year including hosta and Heuchera!!!  I even picked up some
vinca.  In any case, the plants I took were well received.  The organizers
took my name because they want to enter it in their article covering the
swap.  They are always very happy I label my plants the way I do.  It makes
them go so much faster!  Both Tzeitel and I felt good about the swap.

The other fun thing is that I ran into a friend from church who brought some
of the shade plants.  She says her mother wants to divide more, but she's
worn out from digging.  Her mother would like some more "sun" plants that I
have.  We're working on a personal swap program now where her mother comes
and digs what she wants and I'll go dig what I want out of her excess.  It's
going to be a real win-win in a financially very tight year!  I'm so
tickled!

Bill and I are finally going to get the two dead elms taken down today as
well.  A Japanese red maple and a nice pink dogwood will go in their places.
I think that will be a very pretty duo out by the street.  The red maple
leaves already complement the pink dogwood blossoms.  Neither will get tall
enough to be a problem with the power lines and both will get shade from the
two mature elms that are still out there.  It's a win-win.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)