Just a rainy day

Dear friends,

I have a friend who claimed that she was going to wear her husbands marine
blue wet suit to garden in this weekend as it's predicted to rain, rain,
rain! She probably out there right now sloshing in the mud and wiping the
rain off the end of her nose!  Not to be outdone, I woke up early this
morning, bundled up in a turtleneck and sweatshirt and put on my yellow rain
slicker with the clear hood visor!  Luckily, I had just purchased some Muck
shoes as my old canvas Keds had soles that flapped when you walked in them
and tears where my shovel cut through when I was digging. Then I headed out
in the elements.  It was probably around forty degrees and the wind snuck up
the sleeves of my raincoat giving me a chill, but I was determined! Of
course, my jeans got soaked where the rain dripped off my jacket and my
bottom was exposed to the downpour when I bent over to pull the weeds that
had sprouted in this area that was newly planted last fall. I managed to
weed, fertilize and mulch one 200 square foot bed before Id had enough!  As
I retreated into the house, I had visions of my friend laughing as the wind
ripped around her and the sky drenched her!

I swear I must be cold-blooded (I do have an affinity for reptiles and
amphibians), as I can never get warm enough when theres a chill in the air.
I finally took a long, hot shower and now Im feeling toasty! Yet, as I type
this note, it looks like the sky is brighter and the rain has slowed down to
a reasonable drizzle.  It may be time to head back outdoors!

Welcome to Sue from NY!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)