Re: Herb Suggestion

I would try some of the herbs...and, maybe, some succulents.  In zone 7, we
were advised to put road filings or chicken grit down to reflect heat back
in the area around Mediterranean herbs.  My rosemary, sage, lavender, and
thyme are doing quite well with it.  I also have thyme tucked in around
rocks that get quite warm in our zone but never got fried.