To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:49 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Lilium

I finally ordered some lilies from The Lily Garden. I tried to reach them
by phone for about a month with no luck. I had some questions that were
easier handled by phone. I was about to give up, when I finally reached a
real live person last week! I had spoken to them before regarding my
upcoming daylily convention and had to complete that conversation as well.
Anyway, I purchased the following bulbs and would like any comments that you
would like to offer:

TIBETAN SNOW ASIATIC WHITE 36-48"
RED VELVET ASIATIC RED 3' -5'
GOLDEN SEPTRE TRUMPET YELLOW 4'+
ORTEGA TRUMPET CREAM, YEL CENTER 4' -8'
SUMMER PALACE TRUMPET PINK 4'+
SILK ROAD ORIENPET WHITE/CRIMSON PINK 4'-6'
ORANIA ORIENPET MELON 4'+
ANASTASIA ORIENPET WHITE,ROSE PINK 4'-6'
WILLEKE ALBERTI ORIENTAL ICY PINK 4'

I had planted other lilies in the fall from John Scheepers including L.
'Ceres', 'Royal Fascination', 'Red Hot', "Satisfaction' 'Lovely Girl' and
'Golden Splendour'. This spring I bought and planted 'Pisa', 'Salmon
Twinkle' and 'Tom Pounce'. The bulbs that I bought locally were smaller in
size, so I hope that I get some bloom this year.

I think I'm growing about 75 lily varieties now!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

chris@widom-assoc.com