RE: Lilium

Ceres,

I've grown lilies forever!  We have plenty of rabbits.  In fact, I call my
driveway "Bunny Lane".  Every spring I worry when I see the nibblings on my
lilium. The dormant buds must not be the first thing that emerges from the
ground as I always have plenty of bloom!

I think of you when I work in the garden where I planted L. 'Ceres'.  I hope
the color is the pretty plum in the photo. I see strong growth from the
lilies that I planted in the fall. All the rain that we are getting should
cause a growth spurt! I can't wait to see them bloom!

Thanks for commenting on the orienpets.  There are so many to choose from
that my head was spinning!  I wanted to get the best bulbs I could as I'm
hoping to have bloom for my open garden days.

I know that you have tours of your place.  I wouldn't want to do all this
extra work all by myself every year! I'm putting down mulch on beds that
need more definition.  I don't mulch every year.  The beds do look neater
with the mulch though.

Where do you order your lilies from?

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York