Re: epis and Jeffersonia and Glaucidium

Kitty,

ref the epis....I was trying to remember if he sent mine in April as
I have a g.h., but 3 years is more than what passes for my memory can
dredge up.  I seem to remember having them in pots for some time
before I planted them out, but....

Well, ref. the Glaucidium.  Today's mail brings a thread on Trillium
list about dividing mature plants.  Barry Yinger says fall as they
are related to peonies and make root growth then, but consensus seems
to be that small ones can be moved in growth if you get a good
rootball and pay attention to watering afterward.  One person
separates seedlings in growth and pots them on and they do fine.
Seems these plants do not make new roots until fall - like Hellebores
- so if you divide (which is not what either you or I are planning)
earlier in the season, they just sit there and don't make roots and
can rot - thought I'd pass this on FWIW.

Good point about emailing Ellen - hadn't thought of that; will do.
If I find out anything else, will let you know.

Yeah, I have gotten a few epis, but that doesn't stop me from wanting
more:-)  Figure, tho', that I need to get familiar with these guys
enough to know their names before I indulge in more of them.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs