Re: More demons of ignorance, arrogance, and darkness

Prognosis consensus is that it will probably grow back--given 10 or 20 years of benign neglect.

The Historical Society has taken on the Parks Department as a special cause, so maybe they won't do anything quite this stupid again for a few years. One real problem is that this quaint little island has become highly desirable real estate, drawing speculators, developers, and other quick-buck types from far and wide. Preventing them from wreaking havoc--all in the name of progress, of course--is pretty much a full-time undertaking.