Re: viburnum question

Pam,
I have two on the east side of my home in the landscaping... and that was not smart. These things are getting *big*. In 5 years about 8 feet tall now. Still not blooms, but I always understood them to be "reluctant bloomers" whatever that means. I also heard that the bloom smell like wet dogs... anyone else??
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

My blackhaw viburnum (V. prunifolium or some such) has been in the ground 6
years now. All the other viburnums in the yard bloom and fruit. This one
does not and it's supposed to. It's got decent soil, gets watered, is
beautiful and healthy, is about 12 feet tall now, in a good spot as far as
the right mix of sun and shade and I get no blooms. I don't get it. It
should certainly be mature enough by now?? The only feeding it gets is kelp
and greensand just like all the others.

Any ideas?
Pam Evans