Re: Herb Suggestion

I saw a bunch of them at HD the other day.

On Apr 27, 2006, at 3:13 PM, Bonnie & Bill Morgan wrote:

Now I'm jealous! A variegated variety? WOW! I take it that your 'Mona
Lavender' is a tropical too? That's magnificent. And it's a good shade
plant, too? Now I'll be looking as well.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:13 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Herb Suggestion

Most people do actually. There are several species, but the variegated one
is particularly pretty. I honestly thought it was strictly for ornamental
use until I started at the Garden Gate and my manage said it was actually
great for cooking. So there ya go. There is also a variety that is used for
an ornamental shade plant called Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender' I have some in
my back yard and it is just stunning. Looks completely different than the
Cuban oregano variety. Dark green, large fuzzy leaves and lavender salvia
like blooms. So pretty and it gets big enough to make a real impact in the
shade garden.