Re: More demons of ignorance, arrogance, and darkness

Yes, there are a lot of Cornus florida in New York, but they fall into the
"exploitably vulnerable" category.  They suffered a severe setback in the
late '70s when they were under severe attack from a blight.  I know we
lost around 20 in our yard, but some have survived - developed a kind
of resistance, I guess.  However, every time we have a drought summer
as we have had all too often in the last decade, more disappear in the
woods.  I can remember when the hills were white with them, and now
you don't see that many wild ones.

In a message dated 04/29/2006 3:07:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,