Re: Bamboo

Sue, if you're thinking of an in-ground bamboo, as Rich and Auralie have said, you can likely find one that will grow well and behave itself in you neighborhood, but you will have to start with a root cutting or established plant. If, however, you're thinking of a pot plant, you might consider a clumping bamboo palm--such as Chamaedorea microspadix; it does very well in a pot indoors or out and can be grown from seed. [I even have some seeds from time to time if you're interested.]