Re: Turf war?

I've nothing against lawn service, it was the way that piece was written. Your time and $ are yours to decide what to do with. And many Americans have no interest in doing it themselves or just don't have the time. What I didn't like was how the piece implied that Gerry wasn't smart enough to figure out how to take care of his lawn and that maintaining a lawn HAS to be expensive. I spend $25 a year on a bag of fertilizer.
We know you can maintain a lawn, but if you have something more interesting to do, go for it.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2006 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Turf war?

well I am going to be the bomb on this thread!

We always did everything ourselves if capable. We
never hired anything out. Time is getting very
precious to me, so I have opted to start letting
others do the routine stuff which gives me 'time' for
things I want to do.  With the amount of hours I work,
I have now hired someone to do routine dusting,
mopping of floors, so all my free time is not spent
doing chores.  I also have hired out some other
things, like putting more electrical outlets outside,
adding water connections, and a host of other things.
Sure we could have done this- we have been for the
last how many years, and never had time to actually
get it done.  This summer, I do plan on hiring someone
to cut the lawn until they go beyond the lawn and hit
a plant... might give me time to 'smell the flowers'
this summer...